Road & Driver-Facing Solutions
Sensata INSIGHTS commercial fleet cameras protect your drivers, vehicles and cargo with video evidence to monitor driving behaviors and record exactly what happened in an incident. By distilling behavioral trends from event footage, you can help coach drivers and reinforce positive driver habits.
Capture activity in front of the vehicle and in the cab.
Comprehensive Sensata INSIGHTS video waste management telematics solutions protect streets and sanitation fleets with video evidence to monitor driving behaviors, vehicle cabs, surroundings and loading, confirm service, and record exactly what happened in an incident. These solutions can also help you distill behavioral trends from event footage and edge-AI analysis to develop and reinforce positive driver habits.
Click on the icons below to explore road-facing technology options for your vehicles.
Combining events with behaviors. Pairing Sensata INSIGHTS road-facing and driver-facing cameras (such as KP2) provide valuable evidence of what actually occurred and how the driver reacted in the time around an event.
Video is particularly important in litigation, where road/driver footage can be the difference between exoneration and life-changing sentences.
A driver-facing camera also is a great tool to support driver safety programs, focusing on potentially risky behaviors that can contribute to increased vehicle insurance or litigation costs, repair/maintenance expenses, or cargo damage.
Sensata INSIGHTS AI technology dramatically reduces false positives that don’t require your attention such as harsh braking when traveling downhill or accelerating while merging. In addition, it identifies in-cabin behavior that can put your assets at risk.
- Adds well-rounded context, shedding light on road events and driving behaviors simultaneously
- Reduces vehicle wear and tear by encouraging smoother driving
- Provides an overview of driver habits/problematic behaviors in the cab for individual coaching
- Can mitigate personal injury claims and exorbitant litigation costs
- Enables quick fault determination, faster claims resolution and false claims exoneration
- Can positively impact insurance premiums
- Independent owner/operators
- Long-haul trucking
- Transportation and monitoring of high-value cargo
- Gig economy drivers
Consider upgrading or adding additional cameras when:
- Increased vehicle blind-spot visibility (side/rear views) is required
- Better visibility of loading/unloading is needed
- You need to maintain visibility of cargo at all times (in-truck/back views)
- You require expanded accident reconstruction evidence (side-swipes, turns, blind-spot incidents, rear-of-vehicle incidents)
- You need to show video proof of services rendered/deliveries made
If any of these requirements apply to you, visit our commercial fleets road, driver & multi-view solutions page.
Combine the following Sensata INSIGHTS road & driver-facing products for increased visibility:
- Records/uploads forward-facing event data to the cloud
- Natural language Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) alerts—tailgating, forward collision and lane departure 140º front-facing camera view provide clear evidence of fault-driven incidents
- Edge AI, GPS, 4G-LTE connection and video telematics all-in-one
- Easy plug-and-play installation supports fast removal/replacement for servicing
Optional Driver-Facing Camera
- Snap-on driver-facing camera can be added anytime
- 130º field of view captures a complete picture of the driver’s cabin
- AI-enabled Driver State Monitoring (DSM) features detect driver fatigue and driver distraction
- Clever design delivers simple and secure control over the camera angle
Video goes beyond the camera
In addition to a comprehensive array of cameras, Sensata INSIGHTS edge-powered solutions add configurability to meet your specific recording and data needs. A variety of features are available for our ADAS-enabled (AP1, KP2) and DSM-enabled (KP2) devices: