Road & Driver-Facing Solutions
Capture activity in front of the vehicle and in the cab.
Powerful insights lead to positive outcomes.
Equip your emergency vehicles with Sensata INSIGHTS video telematics solutions to monitor driving behaviors, vehicle cabs, and the road ahead — and record exactly what happened in an incident. In addition to providing video evidence, our solutions work with emergency systems and can help you distill behavioral trends from event footage and edge-AI analysis to develop and reinforce positive driver habits.
Click on the icons below to explore road- and driver-facing technology options for your vehicles.
Actionable driver insights, powered by intelligent behavioral analysis.
When the stakes are at their highest, it’s critically important to have the ability to review a driver’s reaction time and second-by-second decision making before and during an incident.
Pairing Sensata INSIGHTS road-facing and driver-facing cameras, like KP2, in a single solution consistently delivers a truer truth. If there’s litigation, seeing what actually occurred and whether driver behavior was a factor can be key to avoiding exorbitant costs and life-changing sentences.
- Adds well-rounded context, shedding light on road events and driver behaviors simultaneously
- Reduces vehicle wear and tear by encouraging smoother driving
- Provides an overview of driver habits/problematic behaviors for individual coaching
- Can mitigate personal injury claims and exorbitant litigation costs
- Enables quick fault determination, faster claims resolution and exoneration of driver/fleet owner from false claims
- Can positively impact insurance premiums
- Fire and rescue
- Police/municipal passenger vehicles
- Independent owner/operators
- Utility vehicles
- Passenger vehicle owners/drivers
Consider upgrading or adding additional cameras when:
- Security policy requires a view inside the back of a vehicle at all times, for example to monitor passengers being transported, potential suspects or victims
- Vehicle tends to get caught in chaotic situations where damage is expected, and extra views are needed to determine root cause/fault
- Increased vehicle blind-spot visibility (side/rear views) is required
- Better visibility of loading/unloading is needed
- You need to maintain visibility of passengers at all times (in-truck/back views)
- You require expanded accident reconstruction evidence (side-swipes, turns, blind-spot incidents, rear-of-vehicle incidents)
- You need to show video proof of emergency scenarios and first-responder situations
If any of these requirements apply to you, visit our first responders road, driver & multi-view solutions page.
Combine the following Sensata INSIGHTS road & driver-facing products for increased visibility:
- Records/uploads forward-facing event data to the cloud
- Natural language Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) alerts—tailgating, forward collision and lane departure 140º front-facing camera view provide clear evidence of fault-driven incidents
- Edge AI, GPS, 4G-LTE connection and video telematics all-in-one
- Easy plug-and-play installation supports fast removal/replacement for servicing
Optional Driver-Facing Camera
- Snap-on driver-facing camera can be added anytime
- 130º field of view captures a complete picture of the driver’s cabin
- AI-enabled Driver State Monitoring (DSM) features detect driver fatigue and driver distraction
- Clever design delivers simple and secure control over the camera angle
Video goes beyond the camera
In addition to a comprehensive array of cameras, Sensata INSIGHTS edge-powered solutions add configurability to meet your specific recording and data needs. A variety of features are available for our ADAS-enabled (AP1, KP2) and DSM-enabled (KP2) devices: