Road & Driver-Facing Solutions
Waste Management & Recycling
Capture activity in front of the vehicle and in the cab.
Powerful insights lead to positive outcomes.
Equip your street and sanitation fleet with Sensata INSIGHTS video telematics solutions to confirm service, monitor driving behaviors, vehicle cabs, and the road ahead — and record exactly what happened in an incident. In addition to providing video evidence, our solutions can help you distill behavioral trends from event footage and edge-AI analysis to develop and reinforce positive driver habits.
Click on the icons below to explore road- and driver-facing technology options for your vehicles.
Actionable driver insights, powered by intelligent behavioral analysis.
Pairing Sensata INSIGHTS road-facing and driver-facing cameras (such as KP2) provide valuable evidence to waste management of what actually occurred and how the driver reacted in the time around an event.
Video is particularly important in litigation, where road/driver footage can be the difference between exoneration and life-changing sentences.
A driver-facing camera also is a great tool to support driver safety programs, focusing on potentially risky behaviors that can contribute to increased vehicle insurance premiums, litigation costs or repair/maintenance expenses.
Sensata INSIGHTS AI technology dramatically reduces false positives that don’t require your attention such as harsh braking when traveling downhill or accelerating while merging. In addition, it identifies in-cabin behavior that can put your assets at risk.
- Adds well-rounded context, shedding light on road events and driving behaviors simultaneously
- Ensures stops are being made as planned, with video plus GPS/trip data
- Reduces vehicle wear and tear by encouraging smoother driving
- Provides an overview of driver habits/problematic behaviors in the cab for individual coaching
- Can mitigate personal injury claims and exorbitant litigation costs
- Enables quick fault determination, faster claims resolution and exoneration of driver/fleet owner from false claims
- Can positively impact insurance premiums
- Hauling/utility vehicles
- Passenger vehicle owners/drivers
- Mobile workforce/sales personnel
- Independent owner/operators
- Long-haul trucking
- Transportation and monitoring of hazardous materials
Consider upgrading or adding additional cameras when:
- Increased vehicle blind-spot visibility (side/rear views) is required
- Better visibility of loading/unloading is needed
- Visibility of hazardous materials/cargo must be maintained at all times (in-truck/back views)
- A top-loader view with in-cab visibility would be beneficial to see when/where prohibited materials are placed into the loader (paint, tires, etc.), allowing appropriate action (cleanup, disposal or logging fines)
- You require expanded accident reconstruction evidence (side-swipes, turns, blind-spot incidents, rear-of-vehicle incidents)
- You need to show video proof of services rendered/deliveries made
If any of these requirements apply to you, visit our sanitation and waste management road, driver & multi-view solutions page.
Combine the following Sensata INSIGHTS road & driver-facing products for increased visibility:
- Records/uploads forward-facing event data to the cloud
- Natural language Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) alerts—tailgating, forward collision and lane departure 140º front-facing camera view provide clear evidence of fault-driven incidents
- Edge AI, GPS, 4G-LTE connection and video telematics all-in-one
- Easy plug-and-play installation supports fast removal/replacement for servicing
Optional Driver-Facing Camera
- Snap-on driver-facing camera can be added anytime
- 130º field of view captures a complete picture of the driver’s cabin
- AI-enabled Driver State Monitoring (DSM) features detect driver fatigue and driver distraction
- Clever design delivers simple and secure control over the camera angle
Video goes beyond the camera
In addition to a comprehensive array of cameras, Sensata INSIGHTS edge-powered solutions add configurability to meet your specific recording and data needs. A variety of features are available for our ADAS-enabled (AP1, KP2) and DSM-enabled (KP2) devices: